CALEDONIA, Miss. (WTVA) - Thursday’s storm damaged some parts of the Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary in Lowndes County.
According to the sanctuary's Facebook page, a large tree fell on a meat freezer and knocked out power to structures, including the “Big Cat House.”
Photo: Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary via Facebook
The sanctuary estimates it lost approximately $9,000 worth of meat, leaving them with approximately four days of meat left for the exotic animals.
No animals were harmed.
The sanctuary later confirmed a cleanup crew arrived to remove the fallen tree.
Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary has been taking care of animals for decades, including big cats like tigers.
- Storm damages Cedarhill Animal Sanctuary in Lowndes County
- Updated storm damage estimates for Lowndes County released
- Some damage reported in Lowndes County
- Animal Sanctuary expects new freezer to store meat for animals
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- Community Recovery of Lowndes County seeks to help storm victims
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- PHOTOS: Tuesday storms cause damage