PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A widowed mother in Pontotoc is calling the thieves who stole her car 'the Grinch who stole her Christmas'.
"I feel violated and for what? A joy ride?" said Robyn Gillespie, the owner of the stolen car. "I just don't understand it."
On November 30th, Gillespie's son, who attends Itawamba Community College in Belden, walked out of class to find it stolen.
"Besides feeling violated, I feel like they took my way of taking care of my baby," said Gillespie.
Her 2007 Ford Taurus was mainly used to take her son to school and to take her daughter to her doctors visits. Fortunately, Gillespie's brother let her borrow one of his cars.
"I mean it's a nice car and everything but I just want my car back," said Gillespie.
To her, that car was one of the last things she and her late husband bought together.
Tupelo police say Gillespie's car has been recovered but in Florida. However, it could take weeks before the car is returned.
"So it's like they stole it and I can't believe they would steal it like that," said Gillespie. "I just keep telling myself she doesn't understand Christmas so it's not a big deal, but when you see her sit on my love-seat and stare at this Christmas tree, I think that she does understand."
- Stolen car from Pontotoc found in Florida
- Car rams into Pontotoc business
- Car slams into Pontotoc church
- Bodies Found At Pontotoc Home
- Report: 2-year-old found after car stolen
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing South Pontotoc students found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc County children found safe
- Man found dead in Pontotoc County jail
- Pontotoc woman arrested in Florida for animal cruelty