Photo Gallery 2 Images
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says the vehicle was stolen from a location on Green Tee Road in Lee County.
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss (Press Release) -- Columbus police are looking for two suspects that stole a car in Lee County Monday evening, drove to Columbus and got in a chase with police before wrecking the stolen car into the Cadence Bank at Bluecutt and Highway 45 North. No one was hurt, and the suspects are still at large, according to Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton.
The incident began just after 8 p.m. when Columbus police were asked to be on the lookout for a stolen black Mustang from Lee County that had been taken earlier in the evening. A Columbus police officer saw the vehicle near Sonic on Highway 45 North and attempted to stop the car, but the suspects drove away.
The officer was unable to safely follow the car and lost the vehicle during the pursuit.
A few minutes later the car crashed into the side window of Cadence Bank on Highway 45 North and Bluecutt Road. Two suspects then abandoned the vehicle and ran on foot on Bluecutt Road toward the Post Office.
One suspect is described as a black male (no clothing description) and one suspect is a black female with pink shorts and a white t-shirt. One of the suspects has long braided hair, according to Shelton.
Police are continuing their investigation and have contacted bank officials for repairs.
- Stolen car crashes into Columbus bank
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- Columbus-based bank to acquire Alabama bank
- Car crashes into Columbus Little Caesar's
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case
- Car flips in Columbus, driver okay
- Stolen property investigation lands Columbus man behind bars
- Single-vehicle crash turns fatal in Columbus
- UPDATE: Doctor killed in Columbus crash
- Vehicle crashes into a building in Columbus