VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - There is still no official word after residents say a shooting took place in Verona days ago.
According to residents in the area of Young Drive and Anthony Street, the shooting took place on Wednesday, May 9.
However, police continue to stay silent on the matter.
As for public opinion, one unnamed man says the town is having what amounts to a turf war between rival gang factions.
Reverend Chris Traylor says he and other local minister are working on a program to help stem some of the town's violence. Traylor says he is at a loss for words at this time as to the possible shooting.
Verona Mayor Bobby Williams confirmed there will be a public hearing on May 31 to discuss a gun ordinance for the town.
- Still no official word on possible shooting in Verona
- Possible shooting in Verona
- Verona shooting victim speaks out
- Investigation continues into Verona car wash shooting
- UPDATE: Unusual pistol found following Verona shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Verona man charged after shooting
- Alderman speaks out about Verona shooting
- REPORT: Suspects arrested in Verona shooting
- Verona city officials hold public hearing on possible gun ordinance