JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The National Weather Service will conduct a statewide tornado drill Wednesday morning at 9:15 a.m. CT.
This is weather permitting, as part of Severe Weather Preparedness Week in Mississippi.
Many local cities and counties will test their weather sirens, including Lee and Lowndes counties.
Lowndes County will active all tornado sirens at 9:15 a.m
- Statewide tornado drill set for Wednesday morning
- Tornado drill scheduled for Wednesday during Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- Mississippians take part in tornado drill
- Tupelo city leaders take part in mock tornado drill
- Oktibbeha County to hold water shuttle drill on Wednesday
- ICC to reschedule mock drill
- Governor lifts statewide burn ban
- MEMA encouraging earthquake drill participation Thursday
- Lawmakers pass bill requiring school shooter drills