JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's flu-like illness rate has dropped to its lowest point in 2018.
The rate for the week ending March 3 comes in at 3.9 percent.
Just two weeks before that, the rate was at 7.8 percent.
Both are well below the season's peak at more than 12 percent during the Christmas-New Year's holiday period.
- State's flu indicator at its lowest point in 2018
- Flu is striking states in the Deep South particularly hard
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- State health officials confirm first pediatric flu death of 2018-2019 season
- Alabama sees increase in flu activity
- Flu cases on rise in Alabama
- Flu outbreak fills Alabama's hospitals, emergency rooms
- Concerns for dog flu in Mississippi