JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Gov. Phil Bryant says a state of extreme emergency exists in the Noxubee County School District.
Wednesday afternoon, Bryant issued the proclamation declaring a state of emergency for the district.
Last week, the district's leaders appeared before the state department of education. The state's education leaders forwarded the case to the governor for approval of a state takeover.
The Mississippi Department of Education says it is sending an official to the district tomorrow.
I believe this to be in the best interest of students, and the most effective way to set the District on a path toward academic and financial health. pic.twitter.com/T1sr6vVJl5
— Phil Bryant (@PhilBryantMS) July 25, 2018
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- State to take over Noxubee County School District
- Frozen pipes force school closure in Noxubee County School District
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Noxubee County schools delay start Friday
- Noxubee County schools working to improve education
- State education leaders arrive in Noxubee County for school takeover
- State board holds off on decision concerning Noxubee County schools
- Water outage in Noxubee County