OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The CREATE Foundation held a community forum on Thursday to discuss ways to improve the Town of Okolona.
Mayor Sherman Carouthers said it is all about seeing what the community believes needs to be improved.
"We are all on the same team," he said. "We are all trying to share ideas, and at the end, we all have a plan that we are bought into."
The most discussed topic of improvement was education.
Other topics on the board included improving community image and drawing business to Okolona.
The next step for the town is to put together a task force to coordinate the future.
- State of Okolona held to improve the town
- Okolona has a new town marshal
- State's highest court issues ruling about Okolona town marshal election
- Appeals end, Okolona town marshal special election to be re-held
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Okolona cleaning up Olga's mess