HATLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - The state medical examiner identified the woman who died in a fire in Monroe County.
The medical examiner identified the victim as Barbara Justice, 76, according to Coroner Alan Gurley.
To make the identification, the examiner used the serial number of a medical device the victim had.
The medical examiner is waiting for reports from the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department to make a final ruling on the death.
- State medical examiner identifies victim of Hatley fire
- REPORT: State examines child deaths in Mississippi
- Hatley native dies after shooting in Birmingham hospital
- Hatley take measures to prevent spread of coronavirus
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Mississippi lawmakers starting to examine budget requests
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting