JACKSON, Miss. (AP/WTVA) - The state could decide next month to take over the Noxubee County School District.
A Mississippi Department of Education panel on Wednesday recommended that the Noxubee County be among the districts that go into a new statewide achievement school district aimed at improving academic performance. Humphreys County and Jackson may be added as well.
The newly created district is supposed to start taking over poorly rated schools next fall. State leaders are also trying to hire a superintendent.
The state Board of Education plans to decide next month which school districts get folded into the new district.
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- State board holds off on decision concerning Noxubee County schools
- State education leaders arrive in Noxubee County for school takeover
- State to take over Noxubee County School District
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- Noxubee County schools delay start Friday
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Frozen pipes force school closure in Noxubee County School District
- Takeover votes delayed on Humphreys, Noxubee schools
- Mississippi panel recommends takeover of Noxubee schools