GRENADA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation probes a deputy-involved shooting in Grenada County.
Robert Salley of Gore Springs is accused of leading law enforcement on a high speed chase through two counties.
Sheriff Alton Strider says Salley broke a law enforcement checkpoint in Webster County Saturday afternoon.
He says the high speed chase ended on Pleasant Grove Road in Grenada County with a Webster County sheriff deputy shooting Salley in the shoulder.
It is unknown at this time what led the deputy to shoot Salley.
Strider says Salley was treated and released from the hospital.
Salley remains in the Grenada County jail with charges pending against him at this time.
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- Investigation underway following deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tishomingo County
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation
- Mississippi authorities investigate fatal shooting by deputy
- Suspect in hospital after deputy-involved chase, shooting
- Mother speaks on son in deputy-involved chase, shooting
- More details emerge in charge, deputy-involved shooting
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Calhoun County