JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - It is another sign that the worst may be over in Mississippi for the current flu season.
The Mississippi State Department of Health reports the latest flu-like illness rate is down to 7.8 percent for the week ending February 17.
That is down more than a percent from the previous week and down significantly from the season's peak at more than 12 percent during the Christmas-New Year's holiday period.
However, a regional look shows the rate going up from the previous week in all four health districts that include our area.
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.6 percent
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.7 percent
- Alabama jobless rate dips to 3.9 percent
- Mississippi high school graduation rate at record 83 percent
- Alabama jobless rate unchanged in August at 4.1 percent.
- Mississippi graduation rate hits new record of 84 percent
- Mississippi's flu rate goes back up
- Mississippi flu rate stays same from last year