JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - State Superintendent of Education Dr. Carey Wright will soon visit several local school districts who received high marks for their hard work.
On Thursday, the Mississippi Department of Education announced a schedule of visits to recognize the achievements of all A-graded districts.
Dr. Carey Wright | Photo: MS Dept. of Education
RELATED: See local A-F grades here
Wright, along with district leaders and school board members, will thank teachers and students for their hard work.
Visits will be made to the following school districts in the WTVA 9 News viewing area.
- North Tippah Consolidated School District – December 3, 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- Booneville School District – December 3, 1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Union County School District – December 4, 9 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
- Pontotoc City School District – December 4, 11:15 a.m. - noon
- Lafayette County School District – December 13, 8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
- Oxford School District – December 13, 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- State education leaders to visit local A-graded schools
- Mississippi education board delays letter grade rankings
- State education leaders arrive in Noxubee County for school takeover
- A-F grades approved for state school districts and schools
- Some local hospitals receive top safety grades
- Corinth schools receive 'C' grade from MDE
- State superintendent visits north MS school districts
- MDE releases district performance grades for 2016-17 school year
- Local educators honored for humanities instruction
- State legislators talk education at town hall