JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Much of North Mississippi continues to be strong when it comes to having low unemployment.
Every month, the Mississippi Department of Employment Security releases a detailed map of each county's unemployment rate.
For the WTVA 9 News viewing area, the following counties had the lowest unemployment rates in March.
- Union County - 3.1 percent
- Lee County - 3.3 percent
- Pontotoc County - 3.4 percent
- Lafayette County - 3.4 percent
- Kemper County - 6.9 percent
- Noxubee County - 5.9 percent
- Clay County - 5.4 percent
- Winston County - 5.2 percent
- Benton County - 4.9 percent
RELATED: Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls remain strong in March