JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) — The Mississippi Public Service Commission charged eight companies accused of calling people who signed up with the state registry to stop telemarketing calls.
The eight companies are MediaStratX, United Support, Advanced Marketing Science+Siptones, Olufemi Davis Phipps, Ameri Help, Emergent Marketing, Fusion Data Services and CMWEBIT.
The state accuses the eight of making a combined 775 illegal calls.
If found to have broken the law, a company could be fined $5,000 for each illegal call.
You can put your cell phone or landline phone number on the state registry prohibiting telemarketing calls by clicking here.
- State accuses eight companies of making sales calls to people who signed up to stop them
- Sheriff: Stop Stealing Stop Signs
- Road manager asks people to stop stealing "road closed" signs
- Aberdeen man accused of making abusive calls to 911
- Trump signs order stopping family separation
- San Francisco mayor signs ban on e-cigarettes sales
- State police arrest limousine company operator
- Deputy and 1 other man accused of cheating insurance company
- Tishomingo County company receives contract to make Navy uniforms
- Columbus council seeks internet sales tax money from the state