STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -As travelers were out and about during the holiday, some people reflected on the true meaning of Christmas.
Gas stations were some of the few businesses open on Christmas.
People like Kent Clay went to the gas stations and store to purchase gas, buy lottery tickets and buy last minute items.
Clay said he was on his way to enjoy spending the holiday with his family and friends.
He also wanted to remind people of what this day really means.
“It’s not about the presents, it’s about Jesus Christ being born today,” he said.
Kent Clay wished everyone a Merry Christmas and safe holiday travels.
Sergeant Derrick Beckom said Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers in Starkville like will conduct traffic check points to ensure the safety of the community.
- State Troopers conduct traffic check points to ensure safety
- State trooper involved in wreck
- Columbus wreck involves state trooper
- Law enforcement officers do safety checkpoints to ensure safe holiday driving
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- Oxford's mayor requests the state conduct internal investigation
- Tishomingo police ensure every child has a Christmas
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges for West Point woman
- UPDATE: Troopers: Welfare check shuts down Highway 45 Alternate near Crawford