LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A landslide on Highway 6 has closed a portion of the roadway in Lee County.
A landslide caused the shoulder of the roadway between County Road 452 and County Road 1149 to collapse.
Right now, the shoulder is temporarily held up by wooden beams.
The crew for Tanner Construction is working to get steel poles up to help stabilize the roadway permanently.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), this portion of Highway 6 is expected to open back up by June 28.
MDOT advises people to find a new route to their destinations.
The blue link above is linked to a map of the roadway. The marker that is shown on the map is for general location purposes only and may not represent the exact location of the landslide.
- Part of Highway 6 closed for repairs in Lee County
- Lee County bridge closed for repairs
- Rollover closes part of Chickasaw County highway
- Repair work to temporarily close Lee County bridge
- Lee County to temporarily close bridge for repair work
- Lee County bridge closed, in need of repairs
- Highway 4 closed in Tippah County for emergency repair
- Workers begin repairs on Lee County bridge
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs
- Lee County closes bridge in Brewer community, emergency repairs being made