AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - A start-up boat manufacturer is creating 75 jobs in Amory.
Avid Boats is locating a new production facility in the facility formerly occupied by CPI Packaging, Inc.
The facility is located off Highway 6 near the NauticStar Boats facility.
Employees in the new facility will produce aluminum bass and center console bay boats.
“Although we are a start-up, our team brings 100-plus years of combined marine industry experience to the table," said Phillip Faulkner, Avid Boats president. "We look forward to being a vital contributor to the continued growth of this area. The boat business has been a part of my life since I can remember, and it has always been a dream of mine to start from the ground up and continue my family’s legacy as a successful boat manufacturing operation.”
Avid Boats plans to produce 750 units in 2020 and increase to 1,500 units per year by 2022.
- Start-up boat manufacturer Avid Boats creating 75 jobs in Amory
- Blauer Manufacturing expanding to Batesville, creating jobs
- Amory woman injured in north Alabama boating accident
- Abby Manufacturing expanding in Walnut, creating 10 jobs
- Auto Parts Manufacturing Mississippi increases production, creating 50 jobs
- Summertime boating safety is key
- Abby Manufacturing bringing 10 jobs to Walnut
- Girl treated after boating accident in Aberdeen
- Crime Stoppers search for missing boat, thief
- New pipeline aims to bring industry, jobs to Amory