COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A state trooper from Starkville is facing misdemeanor charges in Columbus.
Devodrick Sims, 33, is facing domestic violence and malicious mischief charges.
Court records read the incident happened on Nov. 11 at the Lehmberg Cove apartments.
Sims allegedly grabbed a woman by the arm and pushed her into a car door, striking her head.
The complaint alleges Sims damaged a vehicle by hitting the windshield with his fist.
He was not on duty at the time of the incident.
Columbus Police arrested Sims on Monday, and the matter will be handled in Municipal Court.
As for Sims' current status with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, he was placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of the investigation, according to MHP spokesman Capt. John Poulos.
Sims is part of MHP Troop G in Starkville.
- Starkville trooper facing charges in Columbus
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- Columbus wreck involves state trooper
- Juvenile faces auto burglary charge in Starkville
- Starkville man faces charges for auto-burglaries
- Columbus man faces stalking charges in Indiana
- 2 women face embezzlement charges in Columbus
- Columbus police search for missing Starkville man
- Report: Starkville man faces sexual battery, weapons charge
- Man faces charges in fatal Starkville traffic accident