STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Adam Naramore, from Starkville, was arrested in West Alabama, the Pickens County sheriff confirms.
He was caught using the Whisper app.
"A place where teenagers can share their deepest secrets; they can't share with anybody else," Sheriff David Abston said.
Naramore is a convicted Mississippi sex offender. He was allegedly targeting a teenage girl, and when they met in person, things did not go as expected.
He has been charged with two counts of sodomy and remains behind bars on a $200,000 bond.
"The distance this man traveled, the fact they used social media for this," Abston explained, "His method of operation leads me to believe there are more victims out there who are being blackmailed."
The sheriff is asking any possible victims to come forward.
- Starkville sex offender arrested in West Alabama
- Convicted sex offender in custody
- Alabama schools prepare to monitor juvenile sex offenders
- Tippah County sex offender wanted by state
- Sex offender faces charge in Tishomingo County
- Sex offender faces sex crimes in Lee County and Georgia
- Starkville man arrested for drugs
- Starkville police arrest peeping tom
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Teenager arrested for Starkville shooting