STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Starkville police are warning their residents of fraudulent IRS calls.
The police department says it has received several complaints about the scams.
“We would like to remind our community that government agencies will not call and demand personal information, payments, etc.,” the department stated.
Starkville police are urging people who believe they have been scammed to contact their local law enforcement agency.
- Starkville police warn of fraudulent IRS calls
- Lee County School District gives warning about fraudulent calls
- Oxford police, Facebook investigate fraudulent account
- IRS warns hackers are targeting tax preparers
- Starkville police warn of phone scam
- How to watch out for fraudulent charities
- 12 fraudulent checks discovered in Monroe County
- Starkville Utilities warns customers about phone scam
- Starkville Police dedicate new building
- Starkville police investigate Sunday gunfire