Update 02/11/19 7:20 p.m.
A judge set Henry Neal, Jr.'s bond at $2 million for conspiracy to commit murder, according to WTVA's news partner The Starkville Daily News.
Court documents obtained by the newspaper show Neal is accused of offering someone else $5,000 to assist in the Friday night fatal shooting.
This is an ongoing investigation.
Original post below
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Officials have identified the victim from a weekend homicide investigation.
Oktibbeha County Deputy Coroner Billy Miller identified the deceased victim as Joseph Turnipseed, Jr., 33.
Miller said an autopsy is being conducted and he should have results this week.
An officer found Turnipseed's body in the driver's seat of a vehicle Friday night at the West Main Arms apartments. Police said it appeared he had been shot once.
Police charged 27-year-old Henry Neal, Jr. of Starkville, with conspiracy to commit murder.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
- UPDATE: Bond set at $1 million for Eupora shooting suspect
- UPDATE: $2 million bond set for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Eupora shooting suspect
- UPDATE: $10 million bond set for Starkville suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for burglary suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect