STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Starkville mayor says vandalism to a park could be the push the city needs to place security cameras in open areas.
Mayor Lynn Spruill posted to Twitter Sunday morning asking anyone with information about vandalism to the J.L. King park to contact police.
Spruill posted a picture of damage to one of the park's restrooms.
In her tweet, Spruill said a report has been filed.
The Starkville Daily News reports Spruill said this could give Starkville the push they need for cameras in certain areas of the city.
Spruill also said city officials will explore this idea Monday as well as the idea of more lighting.
We will continue to bring you updates as more information becomes available.
- Starkville park vandalized
- Starkville looks to fix parking problems
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Fulton installing cameras at city parks to stop vandalism
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Starkville hosts pride parade
- Starkville hosts Sunday Funday
- Starkville parks employees placed on unpaid administrative leave
- Report: Starkville interviews candidates to lead Park & Rec.
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director