STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – The Starkville Board of Aldermen placed the Director of Parks and Recreation and his administrative assistance on unpaid administrative leave.
According to the Starkville Daily News, the decision was made during the board’s meeting on Tuesday.
The two are Herman Peters and his assistant Deon Evans.
The newspaper reports the board went into executive session twice to discuss the performance of the two.
“We have some irregularities that we are researching,” said Starkville Mayor Lynn Spruill.
In the meantime, Director of Sports and Recreation Gerry Logan was appointed to serve as interim director until the board can decide what to do next.
- Starkville parks employees placed on unpaid administrative leave
- Starkville park vandalized
- Two more former Starkville Park & Rec. employees indicted
- Starkville schools see new administrative changes
- Starkville Utilities employee charged with embezzlement
- Starkville looks to fix parking problems
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Mississippi stops yanking driver's licenses for unpaid fines
- Explosion at Mississippi shipyard leaves employee critical
- Starkville lifts burn ban