STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville aldermen approved a motion Tuesday to pursue the annexation of areas in Oktibbeha County.
City officials said this was the first significant step forward in the annexation process.
Some residents said this will help their area get more services and resources.
Others said they are concerned about higher taxes and the lack of resources needed from the city.
- Starkville moves forward to annex areas in Oktibbeha County
- Starkville man killed in Oktibbeha County wreck
- Black official: Annexation could change Starkville politics
- Bond denied for Starkville man charged in Oktibbeha County death
- Starkville man charged with manslaughter in Oktibbeha County death
- Starkville narrows annexation plan after residents say no
- UPDATE: Police move forward with Starkville hit-and-run
- Starkville leaders move forward with Highway 12 sidewalk project
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Starkville-Oktibbeha School District using survey to help guide future