STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Starkville man is now facing charges for auto burglary in Oktibbeha County after he was arrested for drug possession on Tuesday.
Jonathan Emerson is currently being held at the Oktibbeha County jail after cocaine, marijuana, meth and Adderall were discovered in his car at a traffic stop.
Emerson was originally arrested by the Starkville Police Department but is now facing charges for auto-burglary from the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department.
The sheriff’s department says that Emerson broke into 25 cars and is facing 25 counts of auto burglary.
The department is saying this after they recovered stolen property after the initial drug arrest.
Investigator Rick Sharp says that Emerson has been a suspect for some time when it comes to the increasing number of vehicle burglaries in the Starkville area.
Emerson's bond for the burglaries has been set at $25,000 per count, making it $625,000.
- Starkville man faces charges for auto-burglaries
- Juvenile faces auto burglary charge in Starkville
- 3 juveniles charged with Starkville auto burglary
- Man wanted for auto burglaries in Starkville
- Starkville police make auto burglary arrests
- Starkville teen arrested for auto burglary
- Juveniles arrested for auto burglary in Starkville
- Police seek Starkville auto burglary suspect
- Duo arrested for Starkville auto burglary
- Two charged with auto burglary