UPDATE: The City of Starkville has lifted its burn ban.
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Outdoor burning is now on hold for folks in Starkville.
The city has issued a burn ban because of the dry weather, meaning it will temporarily stop issuing permits for such fires.
"Burning inside the city limits without a proper permit can result in fines," said a statement on the city's website Friday.
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Governor lifts statewide burn ban
- City of Starkville issues burn ban
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- West Point issues burn ban
- West Point issues a burn ban
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County
- Lee County now under burn ban
- Monroe County supervisors vote for burn ban
- Sheriff lifts temporary ban on visitation of female prisoners