UPDATE: The City of Starkville has lifted its burn ban.
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Outdoor burning is now on hold for folks in Starkville.
The city has issued a burn ban because of the dry weather, meaning it will temporarily stop issuing permits for such fires.
"Burning inside the city limits without a proper permit can result in fines," said a statement on the city's website Friday.
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- UPDATE: Starkville boil water notice lifted
- Boil water notice lifted for part of Starkville
- Sheriff lifts temporary ban on visitation of female prisoners
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Starkville park vandalized
- Starkville hosts pride parade
- Mississippi town lifts its own ban on sale of cold beer
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride