STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville hosted its second annual pride parade.
People of all ages came out to support the movement.
Protesters were also present, however, the parade remained peaceful.
Parade participants said this is a sign of progression for the state of Mississippi.
“As a member of the LGBTQ community, I think this is the weekend that I feel the most welcomed and most embraced for who I am, and I feel like my community supports my lifestyle,” Jordan Ziggler said.
Participants summed up the parade in one word: colorful.
- Starkville hosts pride parade
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- First Gay Pride Parade in Starkville
- Tupelo first pride parade
- Starkville Pride plans lawsuit against city after parade denied
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride
- Starkville hosts Sunday Funday
- REPORT: Suit filed to force Starkville to allow gay pride parade