STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Starkville Board of Aldermen voted to remove the interim title from the director of the city's Park and Recreation Department.
The Starkville Daily News, reports that in a 6-1 vote, Gerry Logan was voted to be hired for the job permanently.
Logan will receive a $66,000 annual salary for the position.
The department saw a major shake up earlier this year from five members of the park and recreation staff, including the director, were fired after an embezzlement investigation.
The cases have still not gone to court.
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Starkville park vandalized
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Quitman School District hires assistant superintendent from Starkville
- Starkville looks to fix parking problems
- Starkville parks employees placed on unpaid administrative leave
- Report: Starkville interviews candidates to lead Park & Rec.
- Report: 2nd person indicted in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Two more former Starkville Park & Rec. employees indicted
- 5th indictment made in Starkville Parks embezzlement case