STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Falcon Contracting workers are patching and overlaying 28 different areas in Starkville during the next few weeks.
They worked to improve Fairfield Drive, near South Montgomery Street, on Monday.
Superintendent Jimmy Noland said they are doing base repairs and pouring asphalt on the streets that need them.
This is part of the city's street improvement project.
Falcon Contracting began improvements last week and will continue to work on other streets like Old West Point Road, Briarwood Drive and Lampkin Street.
According to the Starkville Police Department, Falcon Contracting will also work on these streets:
- Pine Grove Circle
- Cotton Row
- Broad Street
- Spring Street
- Lafayette Street
Drivers should expect delays in these areas.
- Starkville begins street improvement project
- Starkville aldermen to talk utility improvements
- Road striping work begins in Starkville
- Heavy rain floods some streets in Starkville
- Tupelo moves forward with Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Alabama road improvement projects set for bidding
- Atmos Energy improving natural gas distribution system in Starkville
- Roadwork begins to align Tupelo streets
- Road work set to begin Thursday in Starkville