STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The town of Starkville increased safety by enforcing parking regulations in town, specifically in residential areas.
Mayor Lynn Spruill released a statement reminding citizens of these regulations, alongside informing them the Starkville Police Department will be increasing their regulation on parking.
No parking regulations have changed.
"The enforcement of parking violations has not been a priority," Spruill said. "I asked the police department to look at the issues associated with illegal parking."
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Lynn Spruill confirmed mayor of Starkville
- Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore dies
- Starkville mayor says police captured shooter, accomplice
- Prices to increase for Starkville water
- Starkville leaders discuss 1 percent tax increase
- Businesses in Starkville see increase in sales
- Judge to rule on Starkville Mayoral election challenge this month
- Starkville mayor discusses next step for Cornerstone Park