STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The town of Starkville increased safety by enforcing parking regulations in town, specifically in residential areas.
Mayor Lynn Spruill released a statement reminding citizens of these regulations, alongside informing them the Starkville Police Department will be increasing their regulation on parking.
No parking regulations have changed.
"The enforcement of parking violations has not been a priority," Spruill said. "I asked the police department to look at the issues associated with illegal parking."
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Lynn Spruill confirmed mayor of Starkville
- Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore dies
- Prices to increase for Starkville water
- Starkville leaders discuss 1 percent tax increase
- Judge to rule on Starkville Mayoral election challenge this month
- Starkville could increase city pay to compete with other cities
- Starkville PD seek heavier policing amid increased drug-related crime
- Starkville camera project aims to enhance public safety