STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville has a new police chief.
According to the Starkville Daily News, the Starkville Board of Aldermen unanimously appointed current Starkville Police Administrative Commander Mark Ballard to lead the department.
Nichols’ last day will be on Dec. 31.
The newspaper reports Ballard has served in the Starkville Police Department since 1996.
His salary will be $85,000 and will officially begin his new position on Jan. 1, 2020.
- Starkville Board of Aldermen select new police chief
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Starkville aldermen to talk utility improvements
- Starkville aldermen consider reduced millage tax increase
- Starkville aldermen pass budget despite opposition
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Starkville aldermen halt decision on potential ambulance service
- Starkville aldermen to consider hunting in city limits
- Strange aldermen meeting ends with Starkville approving millage increase