PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Pontotoc deputies were asked to assist a victim of domestic violence moments after they were called to a shooting right down the road.
Sheriff Leo Mask says a woman drove up to the deputies indicating she had been stabbed while they were loading an ambulance.
The incident took place at an apartment complex off of Highway 9 on Sycamore Drive.
Mask says he does have someone in custody but is not releasing that person's identity at this time.
- Stabbing happens minutes after shooting in Pontotoc
- Sheriff: Two shootings reported in Pontotoc County
- Pontotoc County shooting suspect is in custody
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Man, nephew arrested for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Man still wanted for Pontotoc County shooting
- UPDATE: Pontotoc youth cleared of charges following Monroe shooting
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Car rams into Pontotoc business