JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -- A special election has been set for May 8 to fill the vacancy in Mississippi House District 30.
State Representative Robert Huddleston of Sumner retired last week after serving for 23 years.
Qualifying deadline for candidates is March 19.
If necessary, a runoff election will be held May 29.
District 30 includes parts of Bolivar, Quitman, Sunflower and Tallahatchie counties.
- Special election set for vacant House seat
- Special election set for vacant Aberdeen alderman spot
- Another special election set for Aberdeen
- Gov. Bryant sets date for Okolona special election
- Myrtle Board of Aldermen set date for special election
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for U.S. Senate
- Local special elections being held Tuesday
- Results in from Tuesday's special elections
- Four running in special election for Ackerman mayor
- Special election in Water Valley ends in runoff