Editor's Note: This article has been updated below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Three people were injured and two were initially in custody following a shooting in Columbus.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton says the incident happened around 6:30 Monday evening on Deerfield Drive.
Two people were taken to the Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle initially, while the third arrived an hour later.
Police were able to stop the vehicle believed to be from the shooting less than a mile from the scene. At this time it is not clear if the shooting happened from within a vehicle.
Two people were taken into custody for questioning.
Police say those involved in the shooting knew each other and this was not random.
On Tuesday, Shelton stated one person has been arrested and charged for the shooting.
Deoantray Thompkins, 20, has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault. His bond has not been set at this time.
Shelton says the second person believed to have been involved in the shooting was questioned and released. That person's name will not be released.
Shelton says the three people injured were treated and released from Baptist Memorial-Golden Triangle. The weapon believed to have been used in the shooting has been recovered.
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Man charged in Columbus shooting headed back to Mississippi
- Man charged with shooting into Columbus house
- Columbus man charged with Wednesday shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking
- UPDATE: 18-year-old charged with shooting teen in Columbus
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus