JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Some members of Company C of the 1st Battalion, 114th Aviation Regiment, which is headquartered in Tupelo, will soon be deployed to the U.S. Southwest border.
According to the Mississippi Army National Guard, approximately 25 soldiers will be gone for three weeks in support of Operation Guardian Support, a joint task force effort to conduct security operations along the border with Mexico.
"They will provide aerial surveillance support to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the U.S. Border Patrol using three UH-72 Lakota helicopters.
The National Guard says there will be a sendoff ceremony on Friday, May 11 at 10 a.m. at the Tupelo Army Aviation Support Facility at 104 Lemons Drive.
- Soldiers from Tupelo-based aviation regiment to be deployed to Mexican border
- Tupelo soldiers head to Mexican border
- Alabama deploys Guard helicopter, crew to Mexican border
- Mississippi governor won't recall troops from Mexican border
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday
- Aviation Experience features Boeing 747-400 aircraft
- Soldier accused of killing another soldier in Colorado
- Seasons greetings from our soldiers
- Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann visits deployed troops