UPDATE 04/26/18 - The boil water notice has been lifted for East Garrard Rd and the surrounding area.
UPDATE 04/25/18 - Residents affected by the water line failure on East Garrard Road yesterday are still under a boil water notice. Water samples have been sent to a testing center in Jackson to confirm the water is safe to drink. The department expects results by Thursday morning.
See original post below.
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Residents in Starkville need to be aware of a recent boil water notice.
This notice affects customers in Valley Hills, Summer Tree Road, East Garrard Road and Old West Point Road.
Starkville Daily News reports that a hydrant failure prompted the notice.
Residents should boil their water for one minute before use.
- UPDATE: Starkville boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil-water notice lifted for Belmont
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Hatley
- UPDATE: Eupora boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Vardaman
- UPDATE: Cadaretta boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Lafayette County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Fulton boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Ripley boil water notice lifted