JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Leapfrog Group released its letter grades for hospitals across the country, and many Mississippi hospitals received top grades.
The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit health care rating organization that releases safety grades every fall and spring based on 27 quality measures.
These measures include nurse communication, hand hygiene adherence and surgical site infection rates, among others.
These quality measures are compiled by The Leapfrog Group, CMS, The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the CDC, and the American Hospital Association
The following are grades for hospitals in North Mississippi:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, Columbus - A
- Merit Health Gilmore Memorial, Amory - A
- Magnolia Regional Health Center, Corinth - A
- North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo - A
- OCH Regional Medical Center, Starkville - A
- Baptist Memorial Hospital of Union County, New Albany - A
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Oxford - B
- UMMC, Grenada - F