JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Leapfrog Group released its letter grades for hospitals across the country, and many Mississippi hospitals received top grades.
The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit health care rating organization that releases safety grades every fall and spring based on 27 quality measures.
These measures include nurse communication, hand hygiene adherence and surgical site infection rates, among others.
These quality measures are compiled by The Leapfrog Group, CMS, The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the CDC, and the American Hospital Association
The following are grades for hospitals in North Mississippi:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, Columbus - A
- Merit Health Gilmore Memorial, Amory - A
- Magnolia Regional Health Center, Corinth - A
- North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo - A
- OCH Regional Medical Center, Starkville - A
- Baptist Memorial Hospital of Union County, New Albany - A
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Oxford - B
- UMMC, Grenada - F
- Some local hospitals receive top safety grades
- Safety group awards A-F grades to Mississippi hospitals
- Corinth schools receive 'C' grade from MDE
- Local hospitals ranked for patient safety
- Local Baptist hospitals receive funds to provide mammograms
- State education leaders to visit local A-graded schools
- Lowndes County school superintendent credits team effort in receiving "A" grade
- Mississippi education board delays letter grade rankings
- Alabama releases letter grades for schools
- Okolona students honored for good grades