SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) - Some residents in Shannon are experiencing a smelly situation.
Residents along Willow Street are experiencing what appears to be sewage leaking near residences and along the roadway.
One mother says this is a safety hazard for her three children.
"There's water that stands and you can smell the smell," said Allison Mask. "It sounded like there was a water leak from under my trailer, so I told them and they came and checked it out but never said it was a water leak."
Mayor Ronnie Hallmark says the city has sent workers out to begin fixing the sewage leaking problem.
- Some in Shannon experiencing sewage smell
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- Report: Starkville to see sewage, electric upgrades
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Shannon collision sends two to hospital
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- Nurses bring prom to Shannon student
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Shannon police seek debit card theft suspects