SMITHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Smithville man is accused of stealing tools in Monroe County.
Joshua Tomey | Photo: Monroe County Jail
Joshua Allen Tomey, 36, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of commercial burglary, as well as one count of petty larceny.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Tomey broke into and entered a Smithville building owned by another man and took the tools.
Some of the tools have been recovered. However, the recovered tool's value warranted the charge of petty larceny.
He is currently in the Monroe County jail.
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Smithville man charged with uttering forgery
- UPDATE: Smithville man reported missing found okay
- Man charged with burglaries at Smithville Hardware
- Smithville man wins $100,000 in MS lottery
- Fire destroys Smithville grocery store
- 3 Smithville youths face child exploitation charges
- 4 arrested in Smithville drug bust
- Smithville wins Class 1A state baseball championship
- New Smithville alderman to take office