COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - An investigation is underway into a small plane crash in Lowndes County.
The crash happened Friday morning.
Lowndes County Fire Coordinator Neal Austin said the plane was a crop duster that crashed at approximately 9:30.
The crash happened on Highway 45 South, near Evans Road.
Austin said the pilot was spraying agricultural fields in south Lowndes County and seemed to be unharmed as the pilot spoke with emergency responders.
The pilot went to a local hospital for evaluation.
Investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration are working to determine what caused the crash.
- Small plane crashes in Lowndes County
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Sheriff: 3 die in small plane crash in Union County
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- Small plane crashes in Carroll County, no life-threatening injuries
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- Teens airlifted following Lowndes County crash
- Two injured after Lowndes County crash
- No injuries in Lowndes County crash