BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in Booneville are investigating the death of a small child whose body was found in a car outside a daycare.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey said someone called his officers about it around 5 p.m. Friday.
The chief said it's not clear just how long the child had been left inside the vehicle.
According to a family friend, one of the parents went to the daycare to pick up the child and found out the child never made it there.
Prentiss County Coroner Greg Sparks declined to give more information about the case.
- Small child found dead in car in Booneville
- Booneville man accused of possessing child porn
- Booneville man charged with child sex crimes
- Booneville man charged with child abuse
- Two people dead in Booneville murder-suicide
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Booneville man sentenced for attempting to create child porn
- AG's Office: Booneville man pleads guilty to sending child pornography
- Family speaks out after hot-car death in Booneville
- Grand jury to hear Booneville hot car death case