SKYLINE, Miss. (WTVA) - More information has been released about Monday’s fatal shooting in Lee County.
The afternoon shooting happened at A Plus Tire and Service, which is located along Highway 178 in the Skyline community.
Responding deputies and investigators found two shooting victims there: Tarrance Shumpert and Clyde Wallace. Both suffered gunshot wounds.
Medical personnel transported the two shooting victims to the hospital in Tupelo.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green said Shumpert died at 4:26 p.m. at the hospital. Wallace underwent surgery and his current condition is unknown.
Deputies detained a person of interest at the scene. Investigators found weapons that had been used in the shooting.
It appears an argument led to the exchange of gunfire, investigators learned.
The coroner is sending Shumpert’s body to Pearl for an autopsy.
Previous Article - Lee County shooting victim dies
- Lee County Sheriff's Department releases more details about fatal Skyline shooting
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates shooting
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates chase
- UPDATE:Columbus police release new details in fatal apartment shooting
- Lee County Sheriff's Department links recent arrests to tent city
- Deputies respond to fatal shooting in Lee County
- UPDATE: Suspect identified after fatal Lee County shooting
- Lee County shooting victim dies
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam