BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Northeast Mississippi Community College is preparing leaders to become the face of medical facilities.
The medical pathways program is a stepping stone to help students enter and continue in the medical field.
Mary Evetts has been in the industry for years and decided to take this course at NEMCC.
“There's just so much that this class gave to me, that let me go back and I think it's helped make me a better leader," she said.
Evetts has already been promoted at her job, but she hopes to one day be an office manager.
Upon completion of the program, students will obtain the certifications necessary for the industry.
Career pathways coordinator Charlie Smart said students have three courses to complete in the program.
“We have the medical office procedures class, which is the basics of billing, and you have medical terminology, which is the fundamentals of coding,” Smart said.
There is no cost to the program.
Anyone interested can register, or find more information by calling 662-720-7242 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skilled to Work: Medical pathways program
- Skilled to Work: Nursing assistant program
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance
- Skilled to Work: Hospitality management
- Skilled to Work: Culinary arts at ICC
- Skilled to Work: Automotive technology at ICC
- Skilled to Work: Truck drivers learn at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Local business offers job opportunity to veterans