TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A local business has created an initiative to help military veterans find a job and make transitioning back into civilian life much easier.
Window World created "Careers For Heroes."
"Back when I came out of the military, you could walk onto a construction site and tell them, 'I need a job,'" Lawrence Dillard said.
Dillard is an Air Force veteran and now works for Window World.
He said finding work as a veteran has been tougher than it was in the past.
At Window World, employees install windows, doors and various products.
Veterans interested in working for the company can visit any location or apply online.
- Skilled to Work: Local business offers job opportunity to veterans
- Local elementary schools improve literacy skills
- Yocona Boy Scouts offer summer jobs
- Skilled to Work: Truck drivers learn at NEMCC
- Skilled To Work: Precision Manufacturing and Machine Technology
- Local educator helps students retain skills during summer time
- Local barber students offering free haircuts
- Local church offers free Thanksgiving meal
- MAKING A DIFFERENCE: The Talbot House Bakery provides job skills and peer support
- Tupelo businesses provide holiday deals for locals