PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Employees in the furniture manufacturing industry in north Mississippi are finding long-lasting careers.
Mary Fitzpatrick is one of the people who has found longevity in the industry.
“Twenty-six years, I’ve been working in furniture for 26 years, and I've been working in Behold Washington for 10 years,” Fitzpatrick said.
Fitzpatrick works inside the Behold Washington Poly Plant. The Poly plant is responsible for building cushions. In one day, they will produce 4,000 cushions.
Jessica Robbins also works at the poly plant, supplying the spray line. The spray line is a machine that helps glue fiber to the cushions.
Robbins says working in the furniture industry has helped her provide for her family.
"I have kids to support, and it's a job. I love the people I work with and what I do."
Recently, Behold Washington announced it will be expanding its operation, which will create 20 new jobs.
Salaries range from $10 to $14 an hour.
For more information on Behold Washington, click here.
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Local furniture manufacturer bought by Alabama company
- Skilled To Work: Precision Manufacturing and Machine Technology
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance
- Skilled to Work: Hospitality management
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture
- Local furniture maker adding jobs
- Skilled to Work: Nursing assistant program