SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Administrators are dealing with a huge sinkhole that has caused a Lee County road to collapse.
The sinkhole caused a landslide that has now made it directly next to County Road 2296.
Birmingham Ridge Fire Department and the Lee County Sheriff's Departments blocked off over half the road.
Firefighters said the water line busted under the road, cutting off the road to the community.
The water company worked to restore water to residents.
- Sinkhole causes landslide, Lee County road to collapse
- Lee County to begin repairing road after landslide
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Residents worried sinkhole will overtake road
- Lee County reopens County Road 54
- Residents blame worsening road over diverted landslide repair traffic
- Lee County road closed until further notice
- Lee County, Oxford closing roads for work
- Lee County road closing for night work