ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - One person was injured after a small plane crashed at the Monroe County Airport.
The crash happened Friday evening.
Monroe County EMA Director Donna Sanderson said two people were on board the single-engine plane.
She later confirmed the passenger was taken to a local hospital. That person has since been released.
The pilot managed to walk away from the crash.
Sanderson was told the aircraft is from Hamilton, Alabama, and it was stopping at the airport to get fuel.
A crosswind is believed to have caused the crash.
The wreckage has since been removed.
The airport's manager, Wes Kirkpatrick, said federal officials have finished their on-site investigation.
- UPDATE: Investigation ongoing into Monroe County plane crash
- Investigation continues into Monroe County plane crash
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into deadly Monroe County crash
- Search still ongoing for missing man in Monroe County
- Preliminary report released after Monroe County plane crash
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- Investigation ongoing into Tallahatchie County shooting
- UPDATE: 2 men dead in Corinth shooting, investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash