TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The rain didn't keep runners away as they gathered at Ballard Park in Tupelo Saturday morning for the Silence Hides Violence 5K. The run is sponsored by S.A.F.E., Inc. to bring awareness to dating violence.
According to a representative, S.A.F.E. stands for shelter and assistance for family emergencies.
It was the seventh year for the run. Madison Caver, an organizer for the event, believes it's important to raise awareness for dating violence.
"Domestic violence just isn't spoken of enough," sher said. "It's in our community. It's everywhere."
For more information on S.A.F.E., Inc, visit their Facebook page.
- Silence Hides Violence 5K held in Tupelo
- First Hero Up 5k held in Tupelo
- Tupelo remembering fallen police officer with moment of silence
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo
- First ever Mississippi Autism Resource Conference held in Tupelo
- Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial held in Tupelo
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K
- Teenager found hiding in church in Prentiss County
- Man arrested after hiding from authorities in attic
- Mother charged with helping daughter hide from law enforcement