TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Black Friday is traditionally a big shopping day, but online shopping has been creeping in on that over the years.
In Tupelo Friday, there were thousands of people braving cold temperatures to get their hands on great bargains.
For a lot of people, the shopping began on Thanksgiving Day, so the early morning hours were a little slow for most stores in the Barnes Crossing area.
At Toys R Us, sales manager Tinyko Morgan told us that electronics are popular Black Friday items this year.
“Seems like they were really popular with the electronics, the children's tablets were running for about $40. Really good buy on children’s tablets. Our sales projections seem like we are meeting them. Very manageable. The crowds are decent," says Morgan.
Saturday is Small Business Saturday, so many main streets and smaller stores in the area will be having special deals to celebrate.
- Shoppers out early in Tupelo For Black Friday Deals
- Black Friday shopping hours
- Tupelo businesses provide holiday deals for locals
- Tupelo park is dealing with sick fish
- Driver's license locations in Tupelo, New Albany to close early Friday
- Stores prepare for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Tupelo youth baseball tournament canceled for Friday
- Tupelo, Lee County hold drug take-back day early
- Tupelo firefighters respond to early Saturday morning fire
- Mississippi city approves free beer samples for shoppers